Sunday, September 28, 2014

Oktoberfest 2014

As this year marks our third Oktoberfest living in Munich (combined with us being low-key homebodies to begin with), our approach to the festival was on the low-key side.  We went a total of two times to the Wiesn – and only one of those included a trip inside a tent.

Luckily for me, I have an easy ‘in’ for a tent each year since Intel Finance holds an event for us employees.  This includes a seat in the Hofbrau tent, 2 free beers (1 liter each) and 1 free ‘halbes hendl’ (half of a roasted chicken).  And since the yearly reservation is always for the first Monday of Oktoberfest, there are always a few who RSVP yes that either don’t show up for work reasons, or end up leaving early for family reasons.  This means I get to ‘sneak’ Noah in to join me only a few hours after I arrive.   
The band joined us in the balcony for a few songs


Our second trip to the Wiesn was motivated by my desires to get a really cool picture of the whole grounds including the Ferris wheel – similar to this photo I found on Google.  


Well, after walking around the entire perimeter, I realized that to get this photo you either have to have special access to someone’s private balcony, or they used a helicopter.  Either way, I was not going to even come close to this.  Instead we took some much-less impressive photos and called it a night. 
The best we could do from the Bavaria statue



Some might call us lame for living only 3 miles away from the famous Oktoberfest and only going twice (only once to drink beer).  And we probably are.  But we are happy being lame together, at home, with our girls.  



No comments:

Post a Comment