Sunday, October 28, 2012

Our First Snow of the Year


Following up from the last blog, we made it out for Ikea and a steak dinner yesterday with our new car.  Everything was a perfect success.   However, the world decided to throw a curveball my way as I drove a manual transmission for the first time in about 10 years….a snow-curve-ball.  The weather forecasts had us expecting snow, but it seemed most people were expecting it would be minimal and would melt right away.   But no, the world really wanted to test my skills by dumping about 6 inches of snow over the last 36 hours.  Well it didn’t really matter in the end though because my driving was flawless....if you don’t count the 6 or 7 times I stalled out trying to maneuver through parking lots, and I guess I can’t really blame that on the snow anyhow.

So we woke up today to a brand new white world.  I guess this is not a big deal for most people who have lived with snow in their lives, but this is so rare for us that I couldn’t help but take the camera out this morning.  And as expected Rita becomes like a wild wolf on the hunt when it snows while Sadie tries to find the dry path.  Don’t worry Sadie, surely this was a fluke and we won’t have snow again until it really is winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment